Bad Week

Am currently having a pretty bad week, which started off with my right leg getting swollen up an ended with my purse (constant back pocket companion for last 3 years) and my mobile (Nokia 6630 - the oh so useful - but bulky phone) being stolen :(.

Though my mobile was my cherished (and costly ) one among the lot which was stolen, my purse contained valuables like my bank cards and to my utter dismay, my pan card ,some important visiting cards (which I don't have any sort of recollection of) etc.

My Nokia 6630 was a well and truly useful Phone. I had it with me for almost 2 years and it never failed me (except sometimes with its annoying hang-ups). I would consider that phone to be the most used phone at least in my friends circle. By using I don't mean I talked a lot on that phone, on the contrary I used it more for other uses and less for talking!.

The major usage of those would be using it as a modem for my PC when I get home. During those times the phone was heavily used because sometimes I used to put downloads for 2-days on end with that meager connection. Also when my laptop was not available , my mobile acted as my laptop as I had all the software’s like Yahoo messenger, Fring , Google (maps , mail ) ,Opera etc installed and used for days on end. Earlier I used to have live cricket scrollers on the phone until the networks were barred to do so. It also was my only source of music on my travels, and I even had watched two movies on that itsy-bitsy screen. Using Fring I had even called up my friend using VOIP which even though was slow was kind of exhilarating sometimes. Not to mention the "Mau-Mau" game which was a hit among my team mates during the boring on site walkthrough's (sigh!). I also remember astounding my friends by playing the radio in places where radio network was not available (using radio software’s like Mundu radio) and also doing some nifty bank transactions logging on to ICICI banking site through the mobile.
In my old company it even used to sync to my office mail account and all the meetings used to schedule to my mobile and reminders given before 15 min on my phone. I even remember one trip from my office where I had emailed pics of the trip immediately, back to colleagues who couldn't make to the trip using the phone.

The list goes on how much my mobile had made my life easier and productive. I had wished to give it a decent goodbye (was planning to exchange it for a newer N-Series phone) but alas my wish was in vain.

So adieu my good old companion, may you live out rest of your life with someone worthy, someone who knows your true potential and will treat you with care as I did

Comments

Onion Insights said…
Hi Manu,


We at Onion Insights (onioninsights.blogspot.com) are always happy to come across bloggers like you. We are also glad to inform you that your writing skills can now be put to good use and you can make some extra money too. Sign up as a freelance Mystery Shopper - go to www.sassieshop.com/2eyp and select New Shopper Signup with Onion Insights - A Boutique Mystery Customer Experience Management firm and get paid for telling us your shopping or dining experience. You read correctly - you get paid for shopping!
For more details log on to www.onioninsights.blogspot.com, read our blog and give us a call on +919769781001 or shoot us an email at support@onioninsights.com. An OI Team Member will get in touch with you as soon as possible! There are many Mystery Shopping assignments and five star reviews available in Mysore. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Warm Regards,
OI Team.

Popular posts from this blog

Google Docs & Spreadsheets - create PDF on the fly

Googled Again !!